Re: electronics retailer

"zz"

> >I am having trouble finding the above in the eastern suburbs of > melbourne.....there used to be heaps but now jaycar are the only > outfit that runs any basic eletronic lines and i went in there today > to buy a stereo 1/4 phono socket and they dont carry them.....
** You are a liar.

There are no less than SIX different stereo, 1/4 inch, sockets in the Jaycar catalogue.

Prices start at $2 each.

i wanted a basic 3 way switch and they dont carry them...
** They have rotary 3 pos. switches in 1 to 4 poles for $3.35 each.

Try pulling your head out of your arse.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

suburbs of

the only

there today

them.....

sockets in the Jaycar

them...

$3.35 each.

Try taking your medication!

Reply to
TT

And you've obviously not been there.

The store zz refers to is, I assume, the one on Springvale Road. I used to work just around the corner and was most excited upon starting work there to notice said store.

After all, I grew up on DSE being all about electronics, RIE was the next stop in the City and then Jaycar was next (I was a Geelong boy .. the city was a long way away!)

Now Woolworths owns DSE, DSE has bought Tandy, but has turned into Tandy and even Jaycar, though their catalog be many pages, carries a very small range in their Springvale Road store. I was most dissapointed.

Sure, it might be in the catalog, but that means nothing. The Prius is available from my local Toyota dealer (it's on the website and in the window and I assume they have a brochure too) but if I want one there's a six month wait. Catalogs mean nothing.

Before you start spouting trollish libel, gather all evidence.

Back the the original question, zz, I can't help you, but hope someone can. In fact, I'd love to see a list of GOOD component suppliers from right accross town compiled. They MUST exist .. surely!

Cheers! Rick Measham

Reply to
Rick Measham

"Alan Rutlidge"

** Bugger off - Arse Bandit TROLL

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

actually rick its the one in ringwood but i guess they are all the same....sheesh some people are having a bad day.......i guess every group has gotta have it's village idiot......i usually hang in the music and computer groups and there are topics you dont post about.....if you do, the same tired old trolls come rushing out spouting similar stuff i as i got in response to my op.....i didnt think it would generate any heat.....i shouldnt do this but i just had to say it.... zz

Reply to
zz

"zz"

** You are a liar.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

....sheesh some people are having a bad day.......i guess every

hang in the

post

rushing out

op.....i didnt

but i just had

The person that abused you is a well known, net stalking Troll looking for anyone he can to vent his personality disorder on. Be warned and keep clear of him he is a total waste of space and an oxygen thief. If you want any proof of what a lowlife this person is just do a name search for him in aus.hi-fi, aus.legal and rec.audio.tubes.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

Pot - kettle - toaster - black!

Reply to
TT

Woof, Woof, Woof.

You just know anything I say will invoke a predictable reaction from the Pavlov's Dog of the newsgroups. :)

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

If you're up that way try TECS in Blackburn. Can't recall the address off-hand.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Reply to
T.T.

The Blackburn store has closed :(

Reply to
David Segall

Who needs TV ;-)

Reply to
Sam

Tandy

Crud! See what happens - I go away for a while and everything turns to s**te......

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor