Protel Schematic 3.3

Hi Guys,

Regarding Protel Autotrax (?) Schematic editor 3.3 (yeah the DOS version) - Haven't used it for a while, but I recall having problems when making big libraries. Small ones were fine, but larger ones got corrupted. I know in the PCB program you cant go over 200 items or it gets corrupted (according to SC March 04), but not sure about the schematic. Usually it stuffs up some time after doing all the hard work, so I'd rather avoid it if possible! A google seach has shown up a lot of stuff but nothing that's helped thus far, so figured I'd throw it out here. Anybody know what the restricions are?

Thanks!

Grant

Reply to
dudbox99

When creatin a NEW library the programme prompts for a directory size. This can be between 1 and 1200 according to the manual. The default size for a new library appears to be 400.

I am presuming this means the number of components in the library.

An existing library can apparently have it's size changed using SLM.exe. Load slm and click on edit, select library then click on size.

I haven't tried this myself.

HTH

Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan