Problem with two TV's :(

Hi, I have a problem with two TV's. My brothers Samsung flat screen

68cm which is about 2 1/2 years old and my parents Panasonic 59cm which is about 9-10 years old.

With my brothers Samsung, it was being watched one night and went zap and that was it. I opened it up and saw that the fuse was blown. I replced the fuse and went zap again. I am not sure if there is possibly something wrong with the power supply. I assume the rest of it might be ok. Any ideas?

Now my parents was working fine the other day. It was on for about an hour in the morning working fine and later on I turned it on while my lunch cooked and all I got was a black picture but I could hear voices coming from the speaker but the voices were rumbly. Like a broken signal. Any ideas? Does this sound like a blown tube?

Thanks for any help.

Regards, Matt.

Reply to
Matt

what model is youre samsung? yes its sounds like power supply. there are kits you can get to fix them. if youre model number matches what have listed here i can tell you were to get them.

Reply to
crazy frog

yes, sounds like it. typically the power supply is built around the flyback transformer (other end of the suction-cup looking thing on the tube) could be a dead transistor, diode, or capacitor, or resistor etc..., and possibly a combination.

(guess) short circuit somewhere, or powersupply operating below par for some reason.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

some models have built in faults in there power supplies, be carefull if you replace one part in some models the other will blow, you have to replace them all. these kits will help.

Reply to
crazy frog