Ryobi battery pack

I have a 7.2 volt battery which appeared to have died. By repeated charging and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anything better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?

Reply to
Roger

"Roger"

** FFS Google it - you PITA troll.
Reply to
Phil Allison

I suspect you are talking about a NiCad. They get finicky sometimes. Can you expect anything better? You can expect anything you like. Do a search for things that happen to NiCads as Phil suggested.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

It's dead. The best that you can do is to take it apart and replace the cells.

If you're in the US, you may want to check Batteries Plus -- they have stuff like that, and I've seen offers to replace packs. I can't guarantee that they'll do it, but it's something you can try.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

Batteries Plus will actually do the cell replacement for you. They rebuilt a shaver pack for me. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

ing and discharging I have got it back to 6.97 volts. Can I expect anythin g better? Any tips on reviving dead batteries?

you can buy a bunch of nicad batteries and battery holders, properly solder the battery holder leads, and connect to the device, you just need to use the right number of cells / batteries and use thick enough wires to carry e nough current for the device to properly work. Not that hard - you could tr y it. If it wasn't for the total cost of this (I am contemplating trying th is or something at home here with my favorite rechargeable power drill that has at least 24 clutch settings but the power pack is currently (no pun in tended) dead which is why I might do it. I investigated making a power supp ly that runs off of ac mains by supplying a base voltage and current and fi ne tuning the supply with a proper wattage rated otherwise throwaway device in series to drop the voltage enough to be the proper voltage, but alas, t his is expensive too (I considered transformers and voltage regulators but the regulators don't allow enough current) and in the end it might be cheap er to buy a new device but in my case the device (24+ clutch settings for t he drill / driver) is no longer attainable. I might try batteries plus and have them rebuild the original if they can do it cheap enough. Good luck al l and later!

Reply to
videoman

I had two Dewalt battery packs rebuilt in 09, still working fine. MTO Battery. Nice service.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx