Overpriced crimp-lugs

Dropped into J R Turke today, to buy some forked spade crimp lugs, a bit like there

but with a 6mm gap. I took the bag of 50 to the counter. The asking price was $47.50. That is, nearly $1 per lug.

I declined.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

"Sylvia Else"

** WES Components:

Spade terminals, crimp type, 6.4mm gap in 3 wire gauges.

$6.59, $7.95 and $9.77 + gst

for a bag of 100.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

In the UK we more or less have a choice between the expensive ones with brazed seams on the crimp tube or the cheap ones that have those hard plastic sleeves that you "crimp" along with the terminal - the latter are next to useless and pull off the wire dead easy. What I do is pull the plastic sleeve off and crimp them with the tool for the bare metal ones. If you need a really reliable crimp - finish off with a spot of solder, enough solder to wick up the wire creates a fatigue point though.

If a terminal needs insulation, I use heat shrink sleeve.

Reply to
Ian Field