off topic....

rec.crafts.metalworking perhaps?

Reply to
terryc

calculator does 1.17 x 1.33 = 1.5561 near enough

--
Reply to
atec77

I'm at least one of those.

Reply to
who where

I think he's after an AREA increase, not diameter.

Reply to
who where

Thing is being fuel irt isn't a simple matter as the variations in fuel density and pressure change with swept area of the aperture to its better to go rich although in this case I think a 1.45 drill will be very close

Reply to
atec77

can you drive a space shuttle . ?

Reply to
mark krawczuk

buttons.

[divide] [pi] [=] [square root]

answer will the be the required diameter.

I agree with your method of calculation. No necessity to involve pi in any way.

Be careful as well of the 1.73mm answer as that was calculated using an initial diameter of 1.5mm and not 1.17mm!

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need. Or find new components at

Alan

Are shuttles driven or ridden?

Reply to
Dennis

No (and it probably wouldn't help with your problem - the one you posted), but I can still remember how to operate a slide rule and it would help with your calculation.

Reply to
who where

I'm assuming he's done the research on those aspects (viscosity gradient, reynolds number etc) and has decided that the 33% larger CSA is the target he's happy with.

1.17 * SQRT(1.33) = 1.35
Reply to
who where

I still wonder how the 33% was determined hence my suggestion of slightly larger

--
Reply to
atec77

DGE =A0 about

Using Open Office Calc or MS excel, you can do a lot of amazing stuff.

Even regardless of this current problem with the diameter,

I think you would benefit a lot and find it incredibly useful in all sorts of areas by learning some basic stuff about these spreadsheet programs.

I did a lot of our tax and basic records in this form and its very good, you can set it up however you want for whatever things interest you.

There are a lot of free starters online if you want to search.

that

1.5 mm ,

% =A0, , then

Reply to
kreed

root" buttons.

increase) [divide] [pi] [=] [square root]

.....)

the answer will the be the required diameter.

He gave the impression that he didn't understand areas, not just the ratio am so I took him through the steps that calculate the area which should help him to get a better understanding of what he's trying to achieve.

Well he did give the diameter as 1.5mm in his first post.

--

Regards,
David Shorter

Any error in tact, fact or spelling is entirely
due to transmission error.
Reply to
David Shorter

So you think he could do all that research and not work out how to calculate a 33% increase in CSA? I'm doubtful to say the least :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

He may well have found a reference in some forum, or equally likely pulled it out of his arse. I've only been trying to point him towards a solution methodology, but if spreadsheets and slide rules dazzle him then I'm close to giving up.

Reply to
who where

I was being kind. See my reply to atec77.

Reply to
who where

size

I realised that, but the OP changed the diameter part way through so I just wanted to warn him not to take some of the answers on here as gospel!

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need. Or find new components at

Alan

You said that but is the information accurate and fix your computer clock thanks

Reply to
atec77

Ignore them Mark, they are taking the piss. It's an acronym for "Cute Sexy Arse". Some of these guys couldn't even spell engineerring!

Reply to
Dennis

man , its easy , the fuel i WANT TO USE has to flow 33% more than the fuel i WAS USING.. mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk