Non-USB CRO from OZ

Has anyone tried this out ? At $535 I can't see any advantage over a $600 Rigol DS1052E.

"Screenscope from Australia based Diamond Systems looks deceptively like a USB type scope but it is stand alone. It drives a monitor and mouse directly. No computer is required."

Reply to
fritz

"fritz"

** Huh - paid only A$407 inc everything for mine....

** Silicon Chip published a "review" on this in January:

See the link at the top of this page:

Beware it is a high res, colour PDF image file - so it is HUGE !!

Would not touch it with a 20 ft pole myself.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

$600 was a ballpark figure from one of David's 2009 eevblogs, he mentioned $580. Obviously prices have dropped since, I should've checked. Makes the Screenscope look even more overpriced, though.

BTW Where did you get your DS1052E from ? Was it with GST ?

fritz

sounds more like a DSO than a CRO.

Jasen Betts

Yeah, yeah. When I started in electronics all oscilloscopes were CROs and the name stuck.

Reply to
fritz