NBN Install pic.

That's quality work right there.

Just for good measure the cable makes a complete loop around a joist.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

**I can do better than that. No pictures though. The reasons will become clear.

I excavated under my house to form a basement workshop. The basement is approximately 1.5 Metres below the level of the soil in my front yard. Knowing this, I paid VERY close attention to drainage. Regardless of rainfall, my drainage system works perfectly and has done for around a decade. My old twisted pair 'phone line entered my basement at a level which is approximately 300mm below soil level through a 32mm diameter conduit. SOP. The conduit connects to a buried box at street level, which is approximately 1 Metre above the entry point into my basement.

When the muppets from the NBN disconnected the old twisted pair stuff, they simply cut the conduit inside the box. Then it rained. Luckily I was at the other end of the workshop, when I heard running water. There it was - a horizontal fountain emerging from the conduit splashing significant amounts of water over valuable electronic equipment (I estimate around 1 Litre/second). It took me some time to find something suitable to jam into the conduit and stop the water. It took A LOT longer to clean up the mess.

Fucking idiots.

I miss the days when Telstra employed people to do this kind of thing. Now we have a bunch idiots employed by private hire companies to f*ck everything up.

And it's not just the NBN. One of my clients called me up many years ago, asking me if I could do something about the mess FOXtel had done when they cabled his VERY expensive Sydney apartment (expansive views of the Harbour, Opera House and Bridge). It was a shitful job. Some nice rectangular conduit sorted it all out.

Reply to
Trevor Wilson