MISSING: Bob's ESR meter ??

Cooool! Thanks for that.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

At least in my case I have to be careful in testing batteries. I put two anti-parallel 3 Amp diodes across the test probes inside the ESR meter case. I think there is even an optional instruction to do this in the notes that come with the kit. It is for those who forget to discharge the caps in a SMPS before testing them, and I can be pretty forgetful.

When I want to test a battery, first I get a large electrolytic, and test that with the ESR meter. The I put the electrolytic in series with the battery to be tested (plus terminal to plus terminal), and I test the ESR of the combination.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Hmmm, it seems like it's something to do with the DSE site.. Reading through other posts, different people are getting different results for the same search.

stanblaz@netspace.net.au
Stan Blazejewski

"Stan Blazejewski"

** No they are not - you pathetic f****it.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I'd be careful doing that. I have the Mk1 vers and it has back to back 1A diodes across the output/input and the Mk2 have beefed that up (4A I think) so I don't see how it can check batteries (with a 'true' reading anyway).

stanblaz@netspace.net.au
Stan Blazejewski

"Stan Blazejewski"

** The Mk 1 has no such diodes.

** The Mk 2 also has no such diodes.
** It works just fine - I won a nice prize from EA magazine for describing all about it in their CDI pages.

Do try to get your facts right in future - Stan.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Stan Blazejewski"

** See my original item at the bottom of this page for details on using the Bob Parker's ESR meter for batteries - as published in EA mag.

ttp://

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Stan Blazejewski"

** See my original item at the bottom of this page for details on using the Bob Parker's ESR meter for batteries - as published in EA mag.

Reply to
Phil Allison