Looking for battery

No, is that the size of the aliexpress one shown below although it is

1600 mAh as opposed to mine being 2500 mAh
Reply to
F Murtz

I think I will give up, I found one that is probably suitable on aliexpress but the landed cost to me is around $40.00 so I think I will wait till Aldi has another one as it won't be much dearer

Reply to
F Murtz

Bet quite a few have heard of battery chickens and plenty of gun batterys too.

Fairly minor point IMO. Most do in fact call single cell batterys batterys. Only the most anal call them cells.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Can be a problem. I had the same problem with one of their mobile phones which does have a user replaceable battery. Didn't try all that hard tho, it likely is used in other phones.

Makes me wary of buying Aldi electronic devices tho.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Just buy a phone that uses AA or AAA cells (a battery is more than one cell BTW)

Reply to
BuckyBalls

Makes a lot more sense to get a Nokia, they use very few battery types so they are dirt cheap to replace.

I do in fact have a phone that can use AA batterys.

Wrong.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, sorry but you are wrong on this one...

noun (plural) -teries two or more primary cells connected together, usually in series, to provide a source of electric current

Note the two or more bit....

Reply to
BuckyBalls

Nope.

No general dictionary is the definitive source on a technical matter like that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Try this one...

"An electric battery is a device consisting of two or more electrochemical cells that convert stored chemical energy into electrical energy."

Note the two or more bit... FFS Rod, just admit that are WRONG.

Reply to
BuckyBalls

The technical description is clear - two or more cells. It is the common or laymans description that you are relying on - not the technical one!

Reply to
BuckyBalls

Pity about the other ones that don?t include that.

Nope, because I am not.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Wrong with the manufacturers of the batterys.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Once upon a time on usenet BuckyBalls"

Reply to
~misfit~

Reply to
~misfit~
[snipped]

You're right, it's not something that I aspire to. I'll leave that to you. I stick to facts.

--
Shaun.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to