Looking for eeprom F25L32QA

This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Reply to
John-Del

Have you tried looking at the base part number, 25L32? It appears to be an old 32K EPROM that was made by a lot of companies, an is likely out of production. Is this like what you are looking for?

Michael A. Terrell

oogling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, bu t no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Ali baba returns zero hits (odd).

No, it's a current production eeprom that you find in typical "Black Friday " grade TVs (this is a Funai-Emerson). Looks like this:

=partner_zergnet

I have an email out to Funai Corp to see if they sell the eeprom; most TV m anufacturers won't sell parts, just complete boards.

I had the same model in a couple of months ago for repair and copied the im age file in case I ever needed it (I do now), but the eeprom in this partic ular main board won't take a reprogramming as many do if they're just corru pted. If I can find the eeprom or a sub, I can load it and finish the job.

Reply to
John-Del

Then it is an 8 or 16 pin SPI interface, instead of parallel? There are a lot of those out in the wild, as well. DIgikey has both of those styles, in the one dollar price range.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

e:

. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it , but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

iday" grade TVs (this is a Funai-Emerson). Looks like this:

&xid=partner_zergnet

TV manufacturers won't sell parts, just complete boards.

e image file in case I ever needed it (I do now), but the eeprom in this pa rticular main board won't take a reprogramming as many do if they're just c orrupted. If I can find the eeprom or a sub, I can load it and finish the job.

Found it.. I don't know why but when I checked Ali yesterday, nothing showe d.

0_3
Reply to
John-Del

Hi

The datasheets look like this might be compatible with the M25P32 if it's used in single-line I/O mode.

The M25P32 is more commonly available but it has only the standard SPI interface. The F25L32 has an SPI interface too, but in addition it can be switched to a two-line I/O mode as well. However if the device that needs this chip only uses standard SPI and does not actually attempt to switch it into two-line mode, a M25P32 could probably work as a replacement.

Regards Dimitrij

Reply to
Dimitrij Klingbeil

Thanks Dimitrij, but you're talking way over my head on eeproms! Actually, I understand *some* of that info, but not enough to pick a suitable substi tute..

In any case, I ordered 10 of the correct part from Alibaba and I'll have th em in two weeks. Fortunately, I have the .bin file that I grabbed out of a nother of the same model that I repaired earlier this year for a different problem as Funai won't sell the eeprom for this model, only the complete ma in board.

Reply to
John-Del

El martes, 15 de diciembre de 2015, 15:34:55 (UTC-4:30), John-Del escribi

gling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Aliba ba returns zero hits (odd).

Is this of any help? It is a listing for the EEPROM you are lloikg for at A liexpress. They sell a lot of 20 at just 12.54 US$

And just in case, here is the dataseet for the EEPROM:

Good luck!

Reply to
lsmartino

Any 2532 memory should be OK

Just check the frequency (100MUz) and the casing !

But it's a very old "museum" component.

Reply to
Look165

at Aliexpress. They sell a lot of 20 at just 12.54 US$

It's a current production memory (at least within the last two years or so, hardly a museum piece.

I did order 10 of them through Alibaba and they arrived a couple of weeks a go.

Reply to
John-Del

I used to work with those memories (2516 or 2532) in 1975 i.e. 40 years ago. You may find ones now...just check the date code (generally YYWW) !

Reply to
Look165