LG DVD 3000 FAULT

"Mr.T" = criminal FUCKWIT !!!!!!!!!!!!

  • No theory at all - it is the one and only correlation with a problem that is common to a great many units.

Not until the digital PCB gets very hot * which is NEVER a good thing * is there any fault.

** It has been checked - plus LG agree the problem is non simple and offer only PCB replacement as a solution.

Mr.T is a posturing clueless idiot and posting idiotic clichés - since he totally lacks real insight.

**** Fuck off you stinking TROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Unless you have looked at the units, it IS a theory! Not that you would know what one is anyway.

Sure, they want the money.

The easiest fix MAY be to add a fan, but how hard is it to check exactly where the excess heat is coming from and why?

Phil is a posturing clueless idiot and posting idiotic crap - since he totally lacks any brains.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

them.

hack

Reply to
valiumboy

So a dead VBE multiplier should be replaced by a fan :-) Good one Phil!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

"Mr.T" Asinine Criminal Liar"

** A dead Mr. T could be replaced by a stale dog's turd.

With improvement all round.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

But it would take a full septic tank to replace Phil, dead or alive.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I would agree with Phil on trying the fan in this situation, and have a strong feeling that this is very likely to solve the OP's problems. computer fans are very cheap now - so its not much of a risk to try.

VCD, and now DVD processor ICS in my opinion run WAY too hot for comfort, and I cant recall many that had ANY heatsinking on them.

Have seen too many problems (especially intermittents that are hard to trace) in the past caused by heat. Lowering their temperature lowered faults dramatically.

The device may be running within spec when in the design labs "average room temperature" test, (ie: ideal conditions), but put the thing in the average consumers closed tv cabinet along with other gear, and/or in a home without air conditioning in summer - and the device soon is running over spec - and faults are happening

Bean counters certainly don't help in these situations, and with many of these "ultra cheap supermarket" consumer electronics, I would imagine trimming costs even by the .001 cent where it can be done would be vital to profitabilty :(

Another problem could easily occur over time as dust slowly blocks or restricts the units air ventilation slots, or even accumulates on the IC itself as well - creating an insulation layer that makes proper ventilation impossible. in hotter parts of Australia in summer - it would only multiply the problems

-------------

if possible, proper heatsinking is preferred rather than a fan - but in many cases like PC processors that develop huge amounts of heat (or other devices with multiple heat sources scattered over a PCB) it isn't always practical, and many times more of a pain to fit into a product after it has been designed and built

Reply to
KLR

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:20:22 GMT, "valiumboy" put finger to keyboard and composed:

In that case DSE's ramsinks ($14 for a pack of 8) should get you out of trouble. Be aware that these RAMs may have their own onboard regulator, so you might want to check that as well.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

reported for abuse and death threats

Reply to
uHU

"uHU" wrote in message news:42417917 snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org...

doesn't work. firstly, he's posting with reference to what is probably his isp's (tpg) email address, but is not using his isps' news server. So you direct abuse at the news provider (individual.net) he is using, but they basically suggest "contact the abusive person directly", or bugger off.

to quote:

Please refer to our FAQ:

,-------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 5.5. | | Q: Someone posted articles that do not adhere to your rules. What do | I do? | | A: That depends on the type of offense: | | - Violation of a newsgroup's charter | Please inform the author about the usual conventions via e-mail | first - especially if there are particular features in addition or | contrary to the usual rules in de.*. If this does not work, simply | add that author to the kill file / the filter of your news reader. | | - Problems with the content of postings | Please clarify your differences with the author directly or use the | kill file / filter of your news reader. In serious cases you can | consider legal procedures, of course. | | - Substantial abuse (SPAM, rogue cancel) | Please turn to snipped-for-privacy@individual.net in such cases, attaching at least | one complete article header if possible. | | What should an abuse report look like so that it can be dealt with | most efficiently? | | - Choose or adjust the subject of your mail with care | Put something like "Complaint" or "SPAM:" at the _beginning_ of | your subject line if you keep the original subject of the posting. | Otherwise we might mistake your mail for SPAM and delete it | unread. | | - Mail your abuse report to " snipped-for-privacy@individual.net" | Do NOT mail it to "postmaster" or "webmaster". These services | (mail and www) are taken care of by other people so that your | abuse report will need to be forwarded to us. | | - Tell us the reason for your complaint | It may be obvious for you, but sometimes it is hard for us to | quickly identify the reason for your complaint if you only send us | the article in question. It helps us a lot if you state briefly | what you are complaining about. | | - Include the message-ID | To be able to react quickly we need the message-ID or (even | better) the entire header of the posting in question. You normally | do not need to quote the body of the article. | | - One mail is enough | We take care of every abuse report. This usually happens within | 24 hours, but may take a bit longer in some cases. If you send us | several mails about the same "case", you will not speed things up | but just give us more work. | `--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(

)

If you consider legal action against the user (for whatever reason):

Please note that we are not allowed to pass or hand out any personal data without official order (e.g. court order).

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, Bettina Fink (Newsmaster Team)

--
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
         http://news.individual.net/faq.html

"Nathan L,"

** Whadya reckon about "Bettina Fink " - eh ???

A buxom, blonde Arian babe with waist length plats ??

Knee high patent leather boots too ??

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

because

The Fault, apparently was that somebody was selling LG products. Next time, don't wait for some crazy Yank to be telling you the obvious ;-)

Reply to
Steven

I could agree with some of that and I guess that's why there aren't many LG products in US Wal-Marts.

This is too cheap for them.

Reply to
Steven