It's happened again (google troubles)

I have found a better search engine which mostly removes the commercial stuff.

F Murtz

ccs compiler xbee ftdi cable olimex

not always, but yes it helps somewhat.

Cheers Don...

===========================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Reply to
David Segall

It only removes a list of specified sites and the advertisements. I think you would be much better off controlling the list yourself combined with using Google's "advanced search" which is not available via GmbmG. In addition, GmbmG removes some sites that you may want if, for example, you want to find the cheapest XYZ model 123 gizmo available online.

If you are only concerned about the paid advertisements then an add blocker in your browser is ideal. In any case, you need one because it will also remove many of the advertisements from other sites that you visit. If you want to compile a list of sites that should be blocked you can use the hosts file .

Reply to
David Segall