How great is lockdown?

Nick Mason's got quite a few collectable cars. His dad raced a big Bently (which Nick still has I believe) so it's in his blood.

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

~misfit~

I hear that the Army is less than pleased with their Mercedes 4WDs. The old Land Rovers could be fixed in the field with a set of spanners and a hammer, the Mercs have to be towed back to base, and are bastards to fix with all the electronics.

Reply to
keithr0

keithr0

Yeah, I wondered how that would turn out in the end. It's not like the Australian Army had much choice in the matter. The old Defenders dated from the early Defender days with the youngest being more than a decade old. The Benz has more capabilities but, as you say, the electronic will be problematical, especially so when they age.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

The Mercedes X class is just a tarted up Nissan NP300. So yeah, I can see that being a problem.

Reply to
Clocky