How great is lockdown? - Page 2

Re: How great is lockdown?

The Mercedes X class is just a tarted up Nissan NP300. So yeah, I can
see that being a problem.

Re: How great is lockdown?

**More treasures:

* An RF Wattmeter. Can anyone make use of it? No use to me. Yours for
the cost of freight.

https://imgur.com/J7LXpqK

*John Fluke Model 301E Voltage calibrator. No idea what I will do with
that thing.

https://imgur.com/zoS6O8Y

http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Fluke/Fluke_1967_Instrument_Catalogue.pdf

*My stash of magnet wire. Plenty of value in the 50kgs of copper, but
it's worth much more for someone who can use it.

https://imgur.com/mlEsJPP

Mostly very fine gauge stuff.

More to come, including:

* A fully valved function generator (sine, triangle and square wave).
Big sucker. Never been used.

* A twin valve, high Voltage, regulated power supply, with filament
supplies. One high Voltage supply is on the fritz. Used very
infrequently since I acquired it in the early 1970s.

Except for the 2N301, if anyone is interested in anything, let me know.

Re: How great is lockdown?

I might be interested in some or all of the magnet wire, if it
complements what is in my existing hoard. If you happen to be able to
list the diameters / gauges and general insulation type (formvar /
solderable etc), that would help me decide.

By the way I too have some enormous AlNiCo magnets that are in (working)
galvanometers from old Texas Instruments chart recorders - (before
people started putting servo feedback on the mechanism to drive the
pens, so not really competitive with later chart recorders I think). The
magnets are about 15cm across IIRC and certainly very heavy. If someone
has an interesting use for these, let me know, as I haven't used them
after several decades.

Re: How great is lockdown?

Rate things are going, and with the gov'ment unwilling to impose greater
restrictions, we'll be enjoying this lockdown indefinitely.

I'll continue to hide inside my house until at least a couple of weeks
after I get my second AZ jab in August.

One thing - my forthcoming delivery of booze turns out to require me to
show id which somewhat defeats the non-contact nature of online ordering.

Sylvia.

Re: How great is lockdown?

**They're idiots. Shoulda locked down a week earlier. The half-arsed
lockdown is just dumb.

**Snap! Mine is due on the 11th Aug.

**I don't drink much anymore.

Site Timeline