how a-law/mu-law works??

Hi all,

I m working in a student project(Voip). i want to know all the details of how a-law/mu-law compression techniques works??(at the bit level). it will be better if you provide an example which will make the idea clear.

waiting for replies.........

Thanks in advance Srikanta Agrawala

Reply to
srikant

i also write assignments for a modest fee, for students with rich parents who want to get a qualification without learning anything

srikant wrote:

Reply to
Ed -}

lol

Reply to
two bob

I thought a mu-law was my wifes mother. :)

Reply to
valiumboy

Googling "A-law mu-law algoritm" shows that Wikipedia may help you out:

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

He should download the ITU-T Red Book Vol.3 Fascicle III.3 - Recommendation G.711.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

There's an article (and published implementation for an AVR based VOIP phone) in the latest Circuit Cellar.

Reply to
Clifford Heath