Home Labs

She looks like she needs some "rubber sleeving".

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Fell off the back of a truck?:

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Unless she wants it done differently?

You _have_ a taste in furniture, colours etc?

That's part of the problem, I don't really have an opinion on soft furnishings but am expected to offer one.

I'm like a rabbit in headlights

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

Me too. I have abominable taste in colors and clothes. Or so I'm told... those things don't matter to me, so I have to take other peoples opinions. If I "dress up" to meet a customer or something (ie, not jeans and a tee shirt) Mo will sometimes look at me when I come downstairs and say..... No.

John

Show us your home lab.

John

Bad luck for her :-)

My requirements are mostly functional. But sometimes I get a crazy idea. Last year I noticed wood-print floor tiles in a home-depot-like-store. Those are on our kitchen wall now. Looks pretty neat and it doesn't get stained like wall paper.

It usually takes us months to find something for our home. Getting wall-paper, a couch, floor tiles, lamps, cabinets can take months and a lot of travelling. Sometimes I make things like doorhandles myself because I can't find the right ones in a shop.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

I don't drink (beer) anyway. I just design dispensing systems. This was actually for testing a system which counts the number of (beer) bottles taken from a fridge.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Same pic I posted a while ago when we were discussing bridges, which happened to be shortly after I finished this bridge. No too different than how it looks today. I really need to shovel. And get that darn drawer mounted in the desk. And put up some more power strips. And...

Ecnerwal

Some of the gear is nice, but he also has a lot of really old stuff.

That CNC machine is pretty neat.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Aha! I designed a hard liquor dispensing/metering system in the early '70's, to make sure _exactly_ one shot was dispensed ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I do not need a home lab.

We gotz mad proto labs at work.

Proto 3D development 'printer' as well.

Pretty cool stuff. The metal looks just like the printed proto does too.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

workshop:

Podcast:

JF
Reply to
John Fields

The Dave Jones I knew owned a decent sized electronics surplus shop in the Orlando area, and his wife Bonnie worked there.

Michael A. Terrell