Generating 9V @ 10mA - isolated from supply battery

I have a need to generate 9V at 10mA that is totally isolated from a 12V car battery. That is no common negative connection between the car battery and the negative of the 9V supply. Any pointers on how I can do this would be appreciated!

JERD

Reply to
JERD

Buy a 9 volt battery?

Dorfus Dippintush

Reply to
Dorfus Dippintush

Depending on how much you want to spend (low power will be cheaper), you could use an isolated DC-DC converter eg Farnell sells a Traco TEL

2-1212 9-18V in 12V out 2Watt for about $35.

A linear reg on the output can get you to the 9V since a ready-made 9V output is less common.

HTH Chris.

Reply to
chris

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:08:22 GMT, "JERD" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Scrounge a 5V-9V DC-DC converter module from an old 10base2 NIC and step down the input using an LM7805.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

How about using the SRS-1209 listed on this page:

Problem solved for under 8 bucks...........

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Farnell have a whole range of isolated DC-DC converters.

102-1604 for example is a 12V to 9V isolated converter @ 111mA. Bit pricey though. You could use a cheaper 12V-12V one and use a 9V regulator on the output.

Alternatively, use a battery. A D cell battery pack would last several months at 10mA continuous.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

The links below shows something close, 9v @2ma, maybe you can beef it up a bit to get 10ma.

Here's something from National.

Or from Linear Tech

If all else fails try googling "isolated flyback".

Mike

"I think, therefore GOD is." J.P. Moreland

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for feedback guys. Most helpful and I now have some options!

JERD

Reply to
JERD