FPGA (?) Chip programmers, source?

i have some Gal16V8 (for better or worse) that I would like to be able to program myself (rather than a long trip).

Can someone tell me where I can buy the hardware to connect to the PC to programe these? Aus source preferrable.

.

TIA

Reply to
terryc

These are not FPGA's, they are Gate Array Logic (GAL/PAL) chips.

Do you just want to program them with a pre-compiled file?, or do you want to actually design logic to program into them? Two different requirements entirely.

Any decent "universal" programmer will allow you to program them. Google and eBay are your friend.

To develop logic you need the Lattcie ispLEVER software:

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yes, have wincuply

Okay, that was the jargon I needed. the hard part seems to be

1) finding a model that has serial or parrallel interface and b) finding someone who doesn't want paypal (so far).

Thanks. I'll look at that later.Anything has to be better than wincupl.

Reply to
terryc

What's wrong with USB?

What's inherently wrong with PayPal for payment? it's really no different to any other credit card merchant facility. You don't have to join PayPal to pay by credit card.

How do you prefer to pay for this thing?

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

You haven't tried too hard it seems. Two of the top 10 Google Australia hits for "universal programmer":

Both have parallel port models, and both likely accept payment methods other than PayPal.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Neither of these came up in my fisrt two pages from google. OTOH, my google pages seem to totally ignore that fact that I want australian only pages as well.

At those prices they should send a limo.

This is the same.

WTF is in these devices.

Thanks for your efforts, but I think I'll just drop the whole thing. This is a $2 device and they want close to $1,000 to programe it. There are far cheaper ways for me to do this.

Reply to
terryc

terryc wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@woa.com.au:

You could try Galblast, the minimum effort option worked for me.

Jim

Reply to
JimW52

Thanks.

Reply to
terryc

You must be using a different Google, works for me every time:

Yes, it's called eBay, like I originally said. You can get a universal programmer on there for $80 delivered to your door, and it supports the GAL16V8:

But seeing as that you have something against PayPal I guess that's not an option for you...

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I'm just allergic to scum bags that I can not knee cap when they fob off dodgy products.

I'm also allergic to giving anyone power to screw over my bank accounts on their sayso.

And as previously stated, I prefer to buy Australian and ebay doesn't require their sellers to be honest about where they reside.

Reply to
terryc

There is absolutely no need to give PayPal your bank account details if you are a buyer. You don't even have to join.

That's fine. Just don't complain about the Australian prices then.

Paranoia about being ripped off will only hurt yourself in the hip pocket. Millions do it every day with few problems.

For $80 delivered you can hardly go wrong. Be brave.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

This mob is Australian:

Cheapest one is $139+postage

They even rent programmers if that's what you'd like to do.

Yes, they are USB. Yes, credit cards via PayPal for payment. But I suspect you won't find a better deal from an Oz supplier though.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones