Electronic components suppliers in Sydney Northern suburbs

I've just moved from Melbourne, where I knew a number of good local suppliers, to Roseville (near Chatswood) in Sydney's north, and I'm stumped for suppliers. This has to be wrong, isn't Chatswood a major technology hub?

There's Jaycar in Greenwich, that's the best I've found. Altronics is down in Auburn on Parramatta Rd, WES in Liverpool Rd Ashfield, DSE doesn't count (hasn't for years). RS, if you wanted to walk in, is out west too.

What others are there that I don't have to cross town to visit?

First off, I need a new soldering iron to replace the Weller whose 24V element has gone open. I'd prefer one with digital control and readout this time. Fine tips (and likelihood of long-term availability) for SMD work. Recommendations?

Don't need much in the way of components yet, but an etch tank and an assortment of RF chip inductors is on the cards.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

You have just about named them all.

Reply to
F Murtz

"Clifford Heath" <

** ROTFL !!

Wot a poon.

** Component grocery stores are a thing of the past - d*****ad.

RS and Farnell / Element 14 wiped them all out.

** Hakko.

** Element 14.

Wot a retarded, bloody dinosaur.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It will be interesting if I now get the opportunity to meet the man behind your unhinged persona. I'll know right away if they match, because your nose must surely have been broken a hundred times. But I suspect you're quite different in the flesh.

I had decided on Hakko too - the FX888 looks reasonable - because WES has plenty of spares available. The ability to duck in to a local store to get something extra is important when trying to fit a hobby into a busy career. But you wouldn't know about that, would you Phil?

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Clifford, don't take what this low-life retarded tird rate toaster repairer says to heart. It's typical of the coward that he is - hides behind a keyboard with a big mouth. In person you will find he's a cowering meak-and-mild guttless fool that sits and fiddles with his dick all day, His comments and voice are to be likend to a lost fart in a thunderstorm.

Reply to
el Presidenti

Phill is not a dill, and if you ignore his vituperative comments and he deigns to comment sensibly he can be quite helpful.

Reply to
F Murtz

I admire your positive thinking however misplaced it may be! :)

Reply to
Dennis

If you look at his answers on other technical groups over the years, you may change your mind.

Reply to
F Murtz

No, Chatswood is not a major technology hub. Corner-shop component suppliers are pretty much extinct in Sydney.

Reply to
swanny

Chatswood used to be a hub of the IT industry, that has largely moved to North Ryde these days.

Reply to
keithr

to comment sensibly he can be quite helpful.

Along the lines of Hannibal Lecter, eh ???

Reply to
Yaputya

Didn't people see the prices ?!!

geoff

Reply to
geoff

AS said, this guy has knowledge. Just take it.

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull