DVI-I/DVI-A video connector question

I'm interested in the analog signal this connector will accept. I am wondering if a TV with this connection type will accept an analog RGB signal from some older equipment, namely arcade video signals, which run at 15Hz.

Does anyone have any idea?

Reply to
John

DVI includes all the signals present in VGA If the games do separate sync (not sync on green) then there's a good chance that it could work.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I'd be astounded if arcade video ran at 15Hz - I think you've gotten your research wrong there. I believe that arcade games actually run RGB at either NTSC or PAL frequencies.

Ah. You mean 15KHz, *not* 15Hz. It turns out that arcade games run at NTSC frequencies.

So the answer to your question is a qualified "yes" because you'll need to modify the video levels from your arcade game (up to 5V) down to the

1V or so needed by a TV.

Some information:

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

oops... typo there.

hmmmm... interesting, thanks.

Reply to