Dick Smith TV ads

Hi,

so Dick has made another cringe worthy TV ad:

Like this one from 1982:

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

About as cringe-worthy as the Coles Quo ads too. This kind of advertising is looking more American every day!

ROTFLMAO, I hadn't seen that one before!

Reply to
swanny

**Pretty sneaky too. None of the TV stations will air his ads, but the public interest is so great that millions will watch them on youtube. He doesn't have to pay the TV stations a single cent to air them. Brilliant!
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

"Trevor Wilson"

** Not entirely true.

The ad will run but not during the evening TV news as booked, since it has a PG rating.

Ch 9 have told Dick he will be billed for the time slot in any case - unless he can come up with a new, less " adult " ad for them to run.

The ad going "viral" is probably as intended.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Very cunning. Getting 'free' publicity from the press and TV stations via the censorship bureau.

Reply to
swanny

Poor old Dick. Suffering acute delusions of relevance.

Reply to
T.T.

How appropriate - Dick Smith selling groceries....

geoff

Reply to
geoff

:-) Nice twist.

BTW When I have my two kids telling me about it, and my wife showing it to me on her iPOD, then it has gone viral, and Dick has done his job. All sorted.

As Ugly Dave would have said "Clever Dick"

Don...

-- Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:

The World's Cheapest Computer: DuinoMite the PIC32 $25 Basic Computer-MicroController

Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

Reply to
Don McKenzie

If Graham hadn't fallen down the stairs pissed he'd have said "Faaark!"

Reply to
Dennis

Wasn't that after he had fallen down the stairs? :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Dick is clearly the long-lost brother Wiggle, cast out from the core group for his bespectacled look! He must have attempted to form his own electro-wiggle group, but it did not appeal to the masses!

Reply to
swanny

Probably, I'm going on media reports...

Reply to