Can somebody explain these bids?

I'm just curious and somewhat perplexed about this auction:

I'm on satellite broadband myself and have bought a few of these modems from eBay over the past couple of years. I've never paid more than $5 and never seen any go for anywhere near the price this auction is currently at.

Anyone have any ideas on WTF is going on with this??

Reply to
Jeßus

It seems to be a regular thing with those who assume the eBay price must be lower than anywhere else. There's been some lulu's on computer gear and the "Bunny hunters" sometimes reel in a good one :-) AFAICS a lot of of folks don't research before bidding.

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

i wouldnt even bother goin satellite. slow, gotta wait for transmission up and transmission down,.....

no one

I guess they don't! These come up fairly frequently on fleaBay, sometimes listed at silly prices (the gear *is* very expensive without the now gone subsidy), but until now I've never seen anyone, let alone a few ppl, bid on such auctions. They usually go for around $1 to $20.

Reply to
Jeßus

Thanks for the advice.

I suppose I could trying yelling out ones and zeros *really* loudly, in the hope that some altruistic person 60KM away who is within earshot, with a phone line and ADSL, is willing to transcribe it all onto the Internet for me. Do you think it worth trying? Then I could be rid of this horrible satellite setup. Cheers.

Reply to
Jeßus