Blue Ant Abortion?

** Hi to all,

I know someone who is the proud owner of one of these:

He rang me while sitting in the driver's set of his stationery van - using the Blue Ant dangling from this rear view mirror as intended.

I could hardly make out his words, the sound quality was just appalling. Extremely honky and with low volume - sounded to be on the verge of mid frequency feedback all the time.

He then moved the unit to the self belt anchor near his left ear, made SFA difference. It was so hard to discern what he was saying that I would not wish to continue the conversation for more than a minute or attempt converse in more than four word phrases.

The he started up the engine and moved off - conversation then became quite impossible.

The exaggerated gearbox noise sounded like the phone was being used in a hurricane and his voice kept disappearing altogether.

Latest technology - right ?

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

** No, he is not in the office supplies game.

That should of course be " stationary ".

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Well the advertising does say that the audio quality's "exceptional".... ;-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I know a few people with these pieces of junk, and yes the audio quality is crap. That's why I opted for a genuine Motorola in car Bluetooth kit HF850 (the installed type). The audio quality is very good and the only giveaway that it's installed in your car is a small pillar mounted microphone and a small illuminated keypad to control. :-) The speaker can be mounted under the dash so you don't even see it. On incoming and outgoing calls it mutes the car stereo (nice touch) and has voice recognition. Okay so the fixed installation type isn't easily transplanted from car to car it works so much better. :-) Also during a call it will hand over from HF kit to phone and vice versa so you don't miss a word. :-) Bluetooth 1.2 compatible.

but you can get it for much less elsewhere if you shop around.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

I was taken by the promise of "exceptional quality", but was totally underwhelmed. I had two, and sold both of them at a great loss. Totally useless in my estimation. I would never recommend them to anyone!

Rod

Reply to
Rod

"Rod"

** The person USING the Blue Ant reported hearing *very clear* sound from the speaker.

No surprise when the other party was using wired phone !!!!!

Apparently the hands free devices that use an in ear piece and mini boom mic are the ones to go for in a noisy ( or any) vehicle - plus have the ENORMOUS advantage of keeping the conversation PRIVATE.

You never know WHO is listening in when speaking to a party who is on hands free !!

Faux pas central !!

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Or a landline phone in a block of flats if the BD doesn't have a lock on it for that matter.

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Sunvisor is the recommended position to mount it. It comes with a metal bracket that clips around the visor and then the magnet om the rear of the blueant sticks to the bracket.

In normal operatoration the microphone should be in the 45 degree angle facing the user. If you pull the visor down, the microphone bends back to 160 degrees and again is directly facing the user.

I've been told the speech quality is heaps better than the standard built-in handfree built into most nokia phones.

We're using around 40 of them at my work and AFAIK no-one has any complaints with them. Only annoyance I have is I get home from work and take it inside the house and its still connected the handsfree in the car.

They're also good if you're outside away from the mobile and need to know when its ringing - the blueant ringtone is loud enough to hear over a pair of earmuffs and air-compressor.

Reply to
David Sauer

"David Sauer"

** Irrelevant s**te.

** More irrelevant s**te.

** Wrong party's point of view - f****it !
** Far as a complete ASS like Sauer knows -

dog shit is identical to chocolate.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Previous version of this device is installed in my wife's car.

The only problem we had is that sometimes it will not work turn on when trying the outgoing call. Apart from that it, sound quality is quite good.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf