12V Compat Fluro driver

I've seen these camp lights that run off 12V and contain a compact fluro light bulb. The bulb itself is replaceble and the driver appears to be part of the lamp. I'm interested in buying the bulb and the driver cicuit, does anyone know where I can get such a beast? (Assuming it's not a custom Coleman thing).

Thanks plenty in advance, Michael

Reply to
Michael C
Loading thread data ...

Silicon chip mag has done a few variations on that theme

Jaycar has 12v CFLs but not cheap.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

You might try this liink...

formatting link

Reply to

Why replaceable ? That just makes it more expensive.

Just get a 12V CFL. Plenty on ebay I'm sure.


Reply to

Thanks everyone for all the tips, I might just get the 12V CFL off ebay, they're only $10 but the postage is over $30 so it's a little expensive for

1 or 2 bulbs. The only downside I can see is someone might accidentally plug it into a 240v socket. It's quite suprising it uses the same plug, if a 12V device used a standard 2 or 3 pin powerpoint plug then I'm sure there'd be outrage.

I had a look at the coleman lamp and it looks like it's a custom circuit of their own design, something which I'm not likely to bother with for a 1 off. :-)

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael C

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.