I have the subject driver & it has excessive leakage current: 20ma more or less. With an 1800 mah battery, that's less than 4 days of shelf life. After I discovered this I thought that I could live with it by not keeping the battery in the driver. That got old REAL quickly - like twice having to put the battery in & remove it after.
So I opened it up to see what I could see:
I cleaned the board real well by scrubbing with denatured alcohol (it was pretty dirty - it's 10 years old). No effect, so I tried heating with a hair dryer & cooling with CO2. No effect.
It can be seen in the photos that the trigger is more than just on-off contacts & that it can be opened. But I'm worried that there are little springs & such inside and that I'd like to only do that at the last.
Are there any components that are likely suspects & are easily checked? I do have an analog scope as well as a couple of DMM's. Any suggestions at all?