Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

While searching for other info I was reminded about Raspberry Pi.
Problem is that https://www.raspberrypi.org/ over does glitz.
I need a text based matrix of cards vs features.
[Pointer either to appropriate page of or a U.S. vendor would be fine]
All relevant specs seem to be available as PDF. Just need to know which
one I want.

My proposed system would be composed of:
   Least power hungry board with headers and one USB port installed.
   One touchscreen display.
   One battery.
   One case to hold it all.

Any pointers?
TIA

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?
On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:57:28 -0600) it happened Richard Owlett

Well all raspis and their specs are listed on wikipedia:
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Not all are still available,
The old models B I have use very little power...
I have still seen those for sale.

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

I do not SEE that :<

It does not _appear_ to tell me how many CPU modules exist.

We have a communication problem ;{

THANKS for trying

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

What is wrong w/ the contents of this row:

--
Mike Easter

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

 Cortex-A53 900

Surfing while asleep. Yesterday was "one of those days" ;{
Sorry and thank you.

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?
On a sunny day (Fri, 14 Feb 2020 12:49:35 -0600) it happened Richard Owlett

So, I wanted to reply to yur comminukation problems
the way some philosophers did,
but anyways, this morning I was still wondering what you meant by 'grid'.

Then it came to me: ball-grid [1]   well
what you were likely trying to commie-nukate was 'circuit diagram'
one that shows the connections of the processor / whatever to the GPIO.

Now that is not needed for development, but you do then need to understand the functions
of the CHIP, and for that there are many data sheets etc, example code, libraries in various languages,
Now than I thought what programming language does that Mr Richard speak?
write? Read? etc etc?

My guess is : none (apart from BASIC perhaps)

Because you Mr Richard say": I want ... LCD touch blah blah for that??? I need ??grid??.

I have good news for you Mr Richard!!!
there is such a thing as GOOGLE (or BING,  not taking sides)
you for example can, after finding a suitable raspi board using
the wikipedia link I gave, ask such a search engine
 RASPBERRI PI model X GPIO pinout
then look for a library for your LCD (same problem, LCD driver chips, interface types
you want that GRID too?
So, as you have a Commie-nukation problem you are like;y to get stuck
I cannot help you with GPIO, but I've dunnit it several times me myself (interface GPIO to 'things'
so you could (IF you know the C programming language) and some basic _electronics_
look at my website for howitisdone.
There is always a learning curve with everything, ;-)
Indeed else as other wise men have suggested here, buy a flip phone or
whatever you have these days, androids ... stay clear of apple those have been hacked by the FBI
maybe the latest foldable Galaxy tab tab and .
OK

[1] ball grid aray

No thanks need a good laugh every now and then.

Richard, you would not be related to that Richard in sci.crypt in some way?
It would explain your 'grid'

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

I think he means a 'table' of 'columns' and 'rows'

--
     ?I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most

Yes, was my first impression, the wikipedia articles gives that,
but that was not what he wanted?
Maybe how to connect a touch LCD to the big chip wiring?

A galaxy tab solves it all :-)
  https://www.google.com/search?q=galaxy+tab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJ2OKEpdPnAhUUsHEKHSPiBagQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

Some would identify what I end up with as a tablet. I'm thinking more of
a PDA from days gone by. One of the reasons to investigate a Raspberry
Pi solution is to *AVOID* Android. {I get much grief over that opinion ;}

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

Commendable.

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?
On a sunny day (Sat, 15 Feb 2020 07:38:22 -0600) it happened Richard Owlett

I agree, I do not like android at all (tried programming some app once)
some of those phones can be rooted and run Linux though.

From the other perspective there is the Linux / MS windows based 'pipo':
 http://www.pipo.com/productlistal.php?cid43%
  no experience with that myself but people tell me it works for them.
could make sort of a 'desktop PDA'.

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

Yes. As I said elsewhere yesterday was not a good day ;/

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

That's a better page than I expect from Wikipedia. Thanks.

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

There's a 7" touch screen available with a plastic case that contains
both the RPi and screen while giving access to the ethernet and USB
sockets. It will fit models 2, 3 and 4, but you may not want to put a
model 4 in it for cooling reasons.

This package needs only a PSU, keyboard and mouse to operate as a stand-
alone computer, though there is no room to add expansion cards or 'hats'
to the RPi.

Alternatively, there are cases that would hold just the RPi - add a PSU
and an ethernet connection to a PC and you have access to the RPi over an
SSH connection. If the PC is running Linux. nothing more is needed. If
its running Windows, you'll probably want to add PuTTY or a similar
package to your Windows box so you can run the RPi as a headless system
that you can login to from the PC and/or transfer files.

You can do the same with a WiFi dongle too.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

Documented WHERE?

Documented WHERE?

Documented WHERE?

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

Retail sources, e.g. Rapid Electronics - http://www.rapidonline.com/
and other places that sell RPis.

Or visit http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Its difficult to say more without knowing where you are, so what RPi
sources are near you or what hardware / IT / programming experience you
have.

If you like WiFi, buy the dongle from your favourite store, stuff it in
one of the RPi's USB ports, configure it. I don't use WiFi myself, so
that all I know about it. Pi Zeros (and the Pi 4?) have a built-in WiFi
link.

I use an Ethernet cable to connect the RPi to the nearest Ethernet switch
on my local LAN, so choose which way to go.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

The Raspberry Pi Zero W and Zero WH have built-in WiFi, the plain
Pi Zero has no onboard networking. The Pi 3 and Pi 4 have built-in
WiFi.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

I had problems with that site this morning.
In any case I would be looking for a U.S. vendor

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/faqs/ is MUCH better!

Continental U.S.

Minimal Comp Sci courses but a user since being an E.E. student in early
60's.

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

Demanding little snowflake aren't you?

Is your real name Violent Elizabeth Bott?

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14

Re: Simple matrix of Raspberry Pi components?

<https://www.raspad.com/products/all-in-one-raspberry-pi-display

Although I would have thought you could pick up a similar non-RPi Linux
tablet cheaper.

I'm not sure why someone would want to use a RPi to construct what
effectively appears to be a tablet so please ignore me if I have missed
the point.

Site Timeline