Toshiba 26HLV66 shuts down after 10 minutes.

This Toshiba 26HLV66 comes on with a nice bright clear picture. After warm up, it will either:

  1. Picture freezes and audio still plays fine.
  2. Picture goes black.
  3. Controls lock up.

Then, it will shut down after any of the above and restart itself after a few seconds. It will play fine for another few moments and then the process repeats.

There are several smd capacitors that are at the upper limit of their esr but before I go shotgunning caps, I was wondering if anybody had some service tips on this model.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber\'s Service Center

PE0040L-1 PSU

Common enough problem to find them listed as OEM or refurb parts. May or may not narrow it down for you but it's something to consider.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I found the other pc boards listed online as well. Did you mean the problem I described was linked to a common power supply board failure? I cannot find any tech info online about this.

I should have mentioned in my original post that after the tv shuts down and then powers up again, the yellow "disc" light blinks three times. If you shut off the tv before it shuts itself down, the light does not blink at all upon restart. Also, the audio on three of the local Los Angeles stations is absent. The channels are 2.1, 7.1, and 9.1. Those are KCBS, KABC, and KCAL. I checked to make sure the SAP was set to stereo. The audio on KNBC, 4.1 is fine. I'm not sure what setting, if that is the problem, could differentiate the audio between those stations.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber\'s Service Center
L.A., CA
Reply to
David Farber

I can only go by intuition in that if the PSU for your set shows up in the top ten relevance in a search it means to me at least that others are having significant issues with the PSU.

The disc light blinking may have significance. You need some tech errata that may list codes.

Reply to
Meat Plow