Tektronix 475 sweep triger repair??

I have a older TEKTRONIX 475 Oscilloscope that needs repair, the sweep will not trigger either channel 1 or 2, it auto sweeps fine. I have checked & re-plugged all connections possible with no improvement.. Might anyone have any suggestions as to a potential. reasonable, cheep, repair, recalibrating person in the central Michigan area? I have checked with Tektronix repair locations in the north east USA but there minim prices are in the high hundreds just to check it out.

********************************* Thank you. snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net
Reply to
kgsb

ll not trigger either

onnections possible with no

sonable, cheep, repair,

Tektronix repair locations

t to check it out.

If you have repair experience yourself, you may want to search for the service manual for the 475. I was able to locate on for my 2445B scope. I have seen tehse on Ebay and Craigslist.

Dan

Reply to
abrsvc

not trigger either

connections possible with no

reasonable, cheep, repair,

Tektronix repair locations

check it out.

Also a post on the Yahoo Tek group would be very, very valuable.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

not trigger either

connections possible with no

reasonable, cheep, repair,

Tektronix repair locations

check it out.

Start troubleshooting in the vicinity of the tunnel diodes on schematic 6.

Reply to
mike

PeterD wrote in news:iqu9br$21rd$ snipped-for-privacy@pyrite.mv.net:

next question would be;does it externally trigger? It could be a blown trigger input FET(matched pair),a bad trigger amp IC(155-0032-xx) You could swap parts from B trigger.Use anti-static protection.

Hopefully,it's not a Peltola center pin foldover. (mini coax cable center conductor folded over when reinserting the connector into the socket,a common occurrence,and an easy mistake to make.)

Does auto sweep trigger or only free run?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

trigger either

connections possible with no

cheep, repair,

Tektronix repair locations

check it out.

You'll find lots of folks who may be able to help you here:

JW

not trigger either

connections possible with no

reasonable, cheep, repair,

Tektronix repair locations

check it out.

Thank you all for your assistance. I have just joined the Yahoo tektronix group and awaiting approvial. I'm unsure of the external triger, I will retest to be sure.

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

A true compassionate liberal Anarchist

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG