Speaker recone kits in the UK

I have a couple of Eminence speakers, a Kappa 12 and an ME15-300 I'd like to recone.

After being messed about by a supplier who reckoned they could supply recone kits for £25, they now say they're £40 and can only supply them in fives, 'cos that's the quantity Eminence sell them in !

Any suggestions ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Give Paul a ring at Wembley Loudspeakers, they make their own.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

'cos

You mean they'll sell me a recone kit ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

'cos

That`s my understanding, tho they don`t actually do kits, they`ll sell you all the parts. If you aren't too far away, it`s probably more economical to let them do the job for you. They aren`t expensive, specially considering the quality work they do.

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

recone

'cos

On a related topic. I don't know how general this is for different manufacturers but for unsticking the contact adhesive of the original cone and spider skirt. I tried hot-air gun , oven cleaner and acetone but the one that worked on the one I did this week was petrol. Some strips of tissue paper soaked in petrol and covered with some circular strips of plastic and leaving for half an hour to soften the glue

N Cook