Re: Clueless iPhone 7 owners tricked into DRILLING hole in their phones to 'get headphone jack'...

Anyway this brainiac had like a $7,000 piece of equipment, I think it was

> something like a mixing amp or some kind of digital synthesizer something > to do with audio and very expensive. > > Well he wanted to mount it to something, some sort o rack or whatever and > drilled holes in the bottom of it. Drilled right through a four layer PC > board.

Yup, I sold a guy a system to control some servo motors in a CNC application. It had 4 servo amplifiers with big power FETs on a mounting plate, with Bergquist insulating thermal pads. He had a guy assemble it all into a box, and this guy drilled big holes and put giant screws into the mounting plate that shorted out the transistors. This was running off a 120 V DC supply. Lots of fireworks!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson