periphial project

I am looking for technical info on how hard drives transfer data, and how CD-Roms transfer data. Mainly, on the hard drive aspect, I want to know find info telling me how to build a device that would mount a file on a hard drive and transfer the file to the computer as if it were a cd-rom (or dvd). I am just tired of Alcohol120% and it's limitations to requiring certain versions of Windows. I want to move cd emulation off the system onto a self supporting hardware device. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

--
GhostWriter
Reply to