Looking for info

Hello,

I'm looking for information on what I believe to be a microcontroller. All that I have is the markings on the chip. The chip is labeled EAGLE C1698BD-13. There is a 0525 also which I'm assuming is the date code. This device is part of a USB flash drive. There is also a Micron

29F2G08AABWP 256Mx8 NAND flash memory chip on the backside of the device. There is also a 12MHz oscillator can as well. I did a extensive google search and didn't turn anything up. Not even findchips.com had any info on this part. Any suggestions on where to look?
--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Daniel Rudy

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:37:50 GMT, Daniel Rudy put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm guessing it's probably an NEC uPC1698BD-13, whatever that is. The "-13" may suggest a 13MHz part.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

At about the time of 9/18/2005 1:42 AM, Franc Zabkar stated the following:

I did some further checking on the device using a USB query tool in unix, and I found that the chip was actually made by a company called USBest in Taiwan. They have 3 different controller chips but no real information on them. I also found that C-One, also in Taiwan, seems to have written the software for this part. I'll check out the NEC angle and see if that pans out. I'm beginning to wonder if this is a custom part.

The 13MHz part was my guess too. Plus the fact that there is a 12MHz OSC can further confirms that fact. Thank you for the information.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Daniel Rudy

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 02:19:09 GMT, Daniel Rudy put finger to keyboard and composed:

In retrospect, uPC parts would be analogue, not digital. Sorry for wasting your time.

I had a look at my own drive (L:) using DOS DEBUG. Here is the first part of the drive's "boot sector":

debug -L 100 n 0 1 (n = drive number, ie 0 = drive A, 1=B, 2=C, ... b=L) -D 100 2ff

12ED:0100 EB 3E 90 2B 54 25 54 4B-49 48 43 00 02 08 01 00 .>.+T%TKIHC.....

-Q

The string "+T%TKIHC" identifies the OEM name of the flash drive. Often this indicates the OS under which it was formatted. I'm not sure if this is of any use, though. Perhaps it identifies the software house.

The "usbview.exe" utility on the Win98SE CD provides details about connected USB devices. Mine shows up as:

idVendor: 0x0EA0 idProduct: 0x2168

I don't know whether this info has any bearing on the device's chipset, though.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar