part number needed from LCD TV power supply

I've got a friend's TV here. It is a Daytek DT3220 32" LCD. The unit didn't survive a recent multiple power bump very well. On the power supply board there's a part that now has a hole blown through it. This is IC3 on the board but there is no longer any part number on the front of it so the only thing I know about it is that it is mounted to the heat sink and it has 4 legs soldered onto the circuit board... LOL. The rest is burnt/blown off the front of the part. Can anyone out there provide me with the actual part number for this piece? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf

On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:50:50 -0700 (PDT), lmcclaf put finger to keyboard and composed:

My understanding is that Daytek is Daewoo Electronics by another name. Can you identify any numbers on the boards? Can you upload photos to a file hosting service, or your own web space?

If you can identify the PCBA number, then you may find that the same board is used in other sets.

Alternatively, a bunch of IC part numbers or circuit references (eg ICnn) may show up in searches for parts lists.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks for the response Franc. The power supply board itself is part number BP-200AD. The part blown is IC3 on this board. I've done searches for parts lists and all I have been able to locate so far is that Daytek/Daewoo won't give out schematics or any such thing. So, I've been hoping that maybe someone might have one apart an be able to read off the part number for me. I've found a place to be able to order a new power supply for just under $200 but I'd rather see if I can get this one repaired first.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf

Take a picture of the board, draw an arrow to the location of the IC. You can enter this as a wanted part to

(if you register) and include the photo. There are about 270 experienced techs there that would contact you if they can help. Dont give up - Good luck!

Reply to
Circuit

Thanks Circuit. I'll see about doing that.

Reply to
lmcclaf

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 06:51:36 -0700 (PDT), lmcclaf put finger to keyboard and composed:

BP-200AD PCB - POWER SUPPLY MAIN FOR HYUNDAY HLT-3280:

Other boards for Hyundai HLT-3280:

Maybe discount-merchant.com can supply a service manual?

It looks like Bentek DMC Co., Ltd is the manufacturer of the board:

Their email address appears to be "p21sh at bentekdmc dot com".

Here is a Hyundai HLT-3280:

... and a Daytek HLT-3220:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar