Canon Pixma IP 2000 Power Supply - part number K30229

Hi All,

I've got a Canon Pixma IP 2000 with (what I believe to be) a blown power supply (European Version) Input 220/240 volt, 50/60HZ 0.35A and Output 24 Volt 1.1A.

I've tried the obvious stuff, there is no power connection buzz when its connected and no output detected at the molex socket output side.

The power out (to the printer) is by way of a molex plug that has two blue and one red wire.

Does anyone know how the power to the wiring is arranged for this (is it just that the red is 24v + and the blue ground? - why two blue wires?) - alternatively where could I get a replacement - I can't find anything on the web so far.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy Thomas

Mike Berger

Canon printers don't feature that heavily on eBay compared to others and the power supplies differ by size and connections (some do 24 volt and 5 or 7 volt output) depending on the model.

On testing this defective power supply just it blows its fuse - can anyone advise on how to repair it? I fully understand that electronics skills are required and I'm more than happy to spend the time and learn what is necessary.

regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy Thomas