transistor ID needed for LCD TV

I need a part number or sub for an smd power tab transistor used in a lamp driver circuit on an Audiovox FP1500 LCD TV. The only number on it is 3055. There is an "A" below the number, nothing else. I don't know who made this Audiovox, but I'm hoping that someone recognizes the transistor from other LCD TVs. Thanks.

John

Reply to
John-Del

2n3055 for example .... ratings may vary somewhat ... in any electronics catalog ....
Reply to
wifami

Yes, the 2N3055 should fit nicely on a surface mount PCB ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

Might this be it?

Travis Jordan

If there are any other identical transistors in the set, you might be able to figure out what it is and come up with a sub. Knowing if it's an NPN, PNP, n channel FET, or p channel FET would be a good start. Then all you need to do is pick something that will handle the voltage and current. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

I can tell you that the FP1500 is the exact same as the Teco TL1502FM. Now, if someone could tell me what the amperage for the power supply should be...

I have the Teco version of the LCD TV, but on any input (except 1/3rd of the time on PC-IN), it just blinks up the green letering portion, then the screen goes blank - I am guessing *perhaps* that this is caused by too little amperage, but I am no electronics expert....

Reply to
Ethics Forge