No cold water in my HOTPOINT washing machine !!!

Hi all,

My washing machine spins and all that but the water suddenly stop entering.

How to find out whether the Solenoid Switch is kaput or it is not getting current from the programmer or some thing else.

Reply to
bigdaddy

One of the most common faults on Hotpoint machines is water valve solenoid coils going open circuit. You can check this with a simple multimeter.

I'f you replace the whole valve, there may be black pressure reducers in the outlets which may need to be fitted to the new valves.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

Thanks for your help. There are just 2 Solenoid switches in one, and there is another switch beside it. Is that what you mean. Or the pressure reducer has to be bought separately.

Reply to
bigdaddy

If it`s a hot and cold fill, there will be two separate valves, the cold is usually a twin with two coils, one side is for the cold fill and the other is for the last rinse/conditioner fill. The pressure reducers are little black 'barrels' pushed down the output spout of the valve - yours may not have any. They can only easily be removed by sawing off the output spout of the old valve and pushing them out with a blunt rod. You can buy them from Hotpoint or maybe a decent repair shop will have some. When you fit the pressure reducers push them as far in as they go or they may blow out into the rubber hose and cause it to blow off the valve.

The cold valve is often white and hot is red btw.

HTH

Ron (UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

Thank again. I tested all the 3 Solenoid with a multi meter. They all read 3.75K. I do not know how much they should read.

If the Solenoid switched are ok, then where the problem lies. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
bigdaddy

Next step is to check that there`s mains voltage on any of the solenoids when there should be.

It could be the pressure vessel clogged with gunge, it`s a plastic fitting on the tub at the lower end of a thin, usually transparent plastic tube running down from a circular pressure switch.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

See if the cold water valve solenoid is getting power when in Cold and Fill.

If it is, either it's not opening the valve, or very likely in some areas, is that the cold water line valve is clogged with debris. Disassemble and clean, starting with the cold water hose and it's filter screen

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: