Need to know the best book to learn about stereo receiver repair. I want to set up my own work bench and no nothing righ now....someone please help

Doug Higgins: You realisticallly can not start repairing recievers without FIRST learning basic electronics. Best to get some project books.... even Radio Shack has one or two good ones..... and start learning the basics of electronics, assembly, reading schematics, common components, etc.. As far as "setting up" your work bench..... all you need at this point is an inexpensive multi-meter, a soldering iron and some basic tools. You can also go to

to find books, parts, tools, project kits, etc. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair \. . . . . . .

Reply to
Sofie

It used to take 5 years to train someone just to repair tube radios when I was a lad. But if you want a book, try the local library and see what they have.

Search for (learn electronics) or (electronics repair) on eBay. There's a good series of books the US Navy put out - you can also download some good stuff for free from the US military.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson