Ge Oven fails to heat

Ge Profile Built in JT915 - 30 "

When I press Bake and set temp on keypad the oven fails to heat. 100 degrees in red stays at 100 I tried the Broiler, it also fails to heat.

Wired to20 amp, double pole breaker Fairly simple. Any ideas ?

Reply to
jrzydvl

Get out the multimeter and start poking around in the back. Figure out what controls the elements, there's probably a contactor or big triac. It could be as simple as a cracked solder joint on the control board.

Reply to
James Sweet

It could also be an open in the actual heating elements.

Reply to
hrhofmann

That's a really good point, I'm not sure why that isn't the first thing I thought of. Check the connections to the lower bake element as well, the wires can burn off.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks for the help ! Turns out I had the breaker installed incorrectly I am running off a sub panel and I used a thin double pole I only contacted one of the bus bars.....The breaker is must cross both bars to get 240v I tested voltage across the breaker terminals and it read 0 So I reinstalled and it works just fine

Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
jrzydvl

Yep, that'll do it. I had assumed this was an existing installation that quit functioning.

Reply to
James Sweet