Electric fence

Does anyone have any data on electric fence controllers? I'm trying to fix one that uses a 6V battery for power.

Reply to
Chuck Norisez

There's plenty out there if you google, but they're mostly 12V.

If you want to build from scratch you could try to find a supplier that still stocks 6V scooter ignition coils, or maybe a 12V car coil that's designed to work with a ballast resistor.

Reply to
ian field

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:09:44 GMT, Chuck Norisez put finger to keyboard and composed:

Go here ...

... and search for "electric fence controller" or "electric fence".

Here is one of many designs:

Does your controller have a patent number? Manufacturer/Assignee?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Are you trying to fix one of the really old ones that use a 6 volt dry cell pack, or one like Harbor freight sells that is solar charge? The really old ones used a 6 volt turn signal flasher to close the circuit. Don't think they are legal in any state, now. I have one of the Harbor Freight units that has a bad solar charging circuit. Never had time to look at it. If this is what you have, would be very interested in what you find is wrong with them.

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer