DVD Media Player Drive Belt Replacement

I have a DVD Media Player Drive sd-6100ku Toshiba with a slipping DVD door opening drive belt. The door will open if I give it a slight push from inside the unit.

I looked at using an O-Ring but the ones I find are too fat and just do not fit.

I looked on line for some kind of drive belt kit but was unable to match up with the belt I have.

The belt is approximately: 3 cm diameter 2mm thick with a square cross-section.

Is there an easy fix? Or any fix

OldGuy

Get one of these

slice up into rings and then slice an appropriate ring down to something like the cross-section needed. As no audio quality issue involved (wow/flutter) you don't need to slice up with any precision. With practise and the right techhnique you can slice these funnels to flat bands as well as square.

Reply to
N_Cook

No.

But an important consideration is that anything that works will do.

Since this is just closing and opening the drawer, uneveness will not be a factor.

If this was driving the disk (or driving the turntable in a turntable), any uneveness would get into the sound (well maybe not with a CD player). There you need a legit belt.

Here, cutting an elastic band, if you can find one close, would be fine.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black