Opening the case of a VisionQuest 2200W monitor.

Hi,

For a repair, I want to open the case of a VisionQuest 2200W monitor. Photo at

.

The four screws along the bottom are easily removed. The sides remain firmly stuck, as if fastened by clasps or solvent welds. I've tried prying with a screwdriver and am afraid that more force will break the plastic. Has anyone opened this or a similar model? Tips?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter Easthope

These sort of cases are precision moulded and pretty strong fibre reinforced plastic. Without product specific info on the catch points. Itsa matter of prizing open with a small blade and keeping the gap open with bits of credit card or similar. With enough of a gap along a seem you should be able to sense where the catch poiints are. Then out with the big blade. After all the monitor is broken anyway, so nothing to loose if you should crack part of the case.

Reply to
N_Cook

Thanks. Will have another go at it after June 1, ... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter Easthope