DSC P1 - Possible to disable self diagnosis?

Hi, Is it possible to disable the self diagnosis in a Sony DSC-P1? What steps would I need to follow to do this? Any special equipment required?

I have such a camera with a broken lens. (I got a C:32:02 error from the self diagnosis when I started the camera.) So to get some fun from that camera I disassembled it, removed the outer parts of the lens and put the stuff in a box with an old SLR-lens mounted to the box. The LCD shows great images from this setup but as I have the warning I can't record them ;-). My hope is to be able to disable the tests so that I can continue to play with this setup. Any help from you guys would be appreciated! Thanks Gabriel

Reply to
gabriel.wetterholm