canon scanner repair

hello

I have a problem with my Canon Canoscan LiDE 20 scanner... while scanning just god dead and nothin happened... tried reinstalling drivers and plugging in different usb ports but none worked.. so, I will open it to see if smthg burned in it.. do u have any idea or exact suggestion where/what to look or?

thanks

bye

--
hr.rec.ronjenje

contact me:
papak.the.papcinaSHITSPAM@gmail.com
Reply to
Papcina

If your Canon is like my Canon, I would release the lock on the bottom of the device :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Buy a new one! Sorry to be blunt, but scanners are often cheap to buy and built with with non-serviceable electronics like custom ICs etc. Unless this is a high-end professional scanner, I'd start looking for a new one.

If you're handy at electronics, then by all means do some basic testing/troubleshooting inside, you may get lucky and find something easy to fix.

I'd check the ribbon cable to the scan head first, they can go open circuit for obvious reasons.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D