8 yrs old iiyama 17" 9017 monitor

this monitor started to develop vertical lines down the middle of the screen and sometimes everything is scrunched up in the middle as well. After some reading, i understand that this could be a problem of dry joints. I have taken the back off the monitor but i couldnt figure out how to get the pcb out for inspection, can someone give me some instructions of how to get the board out and which area i should be looking at?

RC

Reply to
R Chan

What is a "dry joint'?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Bad solder connection...

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

"R Chan" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@news.blueyonder.co.uk...

You "must" resolder all big connections... i.e. on the HOT, on the EHT Transformer, on the PSU and on the vertical deflection area... if didn't fix it, take an hairdryer and flow hot air into the various sections of the monitor... if the monitor starts to develop more lines, you

*must* change all electrolytic capacitors in that area, they have dryed out in eight years !!!! If you didn't solve, change the vertical I.C. ... for more assistence please reply !!!

I.

Reply to
Inty

thank you for your reply, my problem is that i couldnt get to the underside of the board. do i have to turn the monitor upside down and remove the front of the casing as well? i have removed the back and the metal casing. I am lost as to how i should proceed from there. any clues?

Reply to
R Chan

"R Chan" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Can you make a photo of this monitor and host on TinyPic.com ?

I.

Reply to
Inty

you can find them here

thx

Reply to
R Chan

"R Chan" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@news.blueyonder.co.uk...

It seems that the alluminium shielding is retained by 5 nuts !!! Remove them from the up of the board. Then free the shielding by carefully extracting it !

I.

Reply to
Inty