Subject Author Posted Replies

PTC Resistor in Degaussing circuit
My Magnavox 27Y100-100AA TV sets colors started to go all wonky. It also lost that little "bzzt" noise it makes on power up. The degaussing coil ckt must be T.U. So I popped it open and discovered:...
8
8

Wiring stereo jack directly to IC?
I have an old stereo system that I'd like to keep using and I'd like to try to add a line-in jack for plugging in an MP3 player or connecting audio from a computer. I found the service repair manual,...
16
16

How to choose proper cassette belt
Hello - I am trying to repair a broken cassette player (dual-deck, one of the larger cables that connectors to the motor is broken). I measured it to be about 20cm or 8in. I found this website for...
23
23

Agilent E4411B flash upgrade
I would like to upgrade the size of the flash memory in an Agilent E4411B spectrum analyzer because the upgrade (from 8MB to 16MB) is required for the current firmware. The upgrade involves replacing...
8
8

Heuristic learning
No-one ever told me to be wary if test speaker voice-coil continuity with a DVM. Speaker o/c in the amp cab, but after process of removing showed proper ohmage. Exposed pigtails looked ok and tested...
3
3

Light printing on LJ5
This printer has served me well for several years since inheriting it from a friend. It has always been rather light even on maximum dark settings but is now getting to the point where I'm thinking of...
24
24

HP 54201A scope input failure
Just picked up an HP 54201A digital scope. It basically works but both input channels are dead. Will not recognize any inputs, and the input self test fails. Don't have a service manual (and have been...
1
1

Toshiba DLP no picture 62HM84 4434ZA board problem
Hi , having this Toshiba DLP TV with a problem with the 4434ZA ballast power supply board that provide the power to the lamp. R3 is open (1 K resistor). Seems to be a feedback resistor. Can I only...

P6KE16A 'transient voltage suppresor' - advice ?
I am working on a philips LCD tv with a broken psu. It was completely dead and on opening it I found the usual story of bulging caps, signs of overheating on the pcb thanks to the cramped vent-free...
17
17

ALDI UV Toothbrush sterilizer (Eprom Eraser).
Was in Aldi today, and among their current weekly specials is a UV toothbrush sterilizer for around $16. Opened one up, had a 1.5" approx U shaped germicidal tube inside, 240v operated. Great for...
6
6

JVC "Boom Box" PC-X106BK is "Dead"
Hi, I have a JVC model PC-X106BK "boom Box" AM/FM/CD/Cassette portable in my shop for service. I do not have a service manual. The owner said she went to turn it on, and nothing happened ("dead"),...
4
4

W.E. 8a amplifier
Does anybody know where I might get a copy of the circuit diagram of a Western Electric 8a amplifier? These were used to drive the cutterheads in early electrical recording systems and I particularly...
2
2

Charges
Hi!. What is the going charge to service the HDTV DIGITAL TVs? Bench Thank You Vince I wasn't going to start servicing them but there isn"t anyone else in this little town that does it, they keep...
7
7

Help. Mitsubishi WT-46809 Need help reseting to factor settings
I was trying to set my TV into 1080i mode in the service menu and it shut off now it won't turn back on. The TV worked perfectly before I did this. Anyone know how to reset the TV back to factory...
4
4

Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay
Ebay Item Number: 180299691454 Had one of these brought to me by a friend, had bought it on Ebay in order to run an AV television from a PC. at $10 + postage, it looked a bit too good to be true as...
27
27