W.E. 8a amplifier

Does anybody know where I might get a copy of the circuit diagram of a Western Electric 8a amplifier?

These were used to drive the cutterheads in early electrical recording systems and I particularly need to find out what switchable bass-cut facilities were fitted as standard.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Ask on news:rec.antiques.radio+phono

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Thanks.

I've now located a copy of the basic circuit, but I think there were modifications to the ones they supplied as recording amplifiers. There are unexplained notes in the recording logs of some record companies that used them and the general concensus is that they refer to pre-set degrees of bass-cut. Listening tests suggest that at least one extra pole of bass-cut was used, sometime two.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk