Subject Author Posted Replies

Balun for DB4
I want to install a DB4 antenna on my chimney in an attempt to dump my cable provider (I don't watch too much anyway). But I am concerned about the durability of baluns in the weather. They seem...

Equivalent for BUY69B transistor?
I'm trying to repair an ultrasonic cleaning tank and one of the power transistors has gone. It's a BUY69B, now long obsolete. Can anyone recommend an equivalent? I'm assuming it's a high voltage, high...
4
4

making a Bridge Rectifier from Diodes ?
I need to have a Bridge Rectifier 250V 40a ..... unfortunately there is no such thing available as far as Google can see Can anyone tell me what size Diodes that would work ? I am just a hobbyiost and...
12
12

NOISY Whirlpool Dehumidifier
Hi, I bought a Whirlpool model AD50DSS2 dehumidifier. It is a very NOISY (vibration noise) dehumidifier! A service man came. He thought he fixed it, but later the NOISE was back. The dehumidifier's...
7
7

Overlay designations & miscellanea
I thought I'd messed up the USB lead of my HP 1020 laserjet , measuring voltages etc, trying to learn about USB function. Turned out I must have strained a USB A to B adaptor and nothing wrong with...
8
8

Signal conflict?
What should I do about signal conflict (overload?) between two sources, both on co-axial cable? Is there an easy way to weaken a tv signal in a co-axial cable? I have two inputs to my maybe 10-year...
9
9

Krohn-Hite 4100A
Hi, Any one out there got a service manual or at least a schematic for the Krohn-Hite 4100A push button oscillator? Remove "_spamNo" if you want to contact me off group TIA JC
3
3

Color changing LEDs
I keep seeing these little solar power sidewalk lights. Last year they were all white (blueish white). Lately I see them where they change color. Yet, they only have one LED. How can a LED change...
9
9

Task Light just Flickers
I have a Luxo asymmetrical task light which takes an 18 watt bulb, which is starting to give me trouble. Most of the time it will just flicker as if it is trying to come on, but sometimes it will...
17
17

Source for replacement rotary encoder?
DaveC schrieb: Yes, EBE is the manufacturer, the address is 70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen Stetten (this is near Stuttgart, the number being the postal code of Leinfelden-Echterdingen). Their website...
2
2

Repairing LCD display on Keithley 580
Working on a Keithley 580 micro ohm meter that has a display problem. The first row which controls the bottom segments is very faded - the more segments that are lit, the more faded they are. I've...
2
2

Pro Tips --- Repair Lcd Monitor Quickly and Easily!
==================================================================== Article Title: Your Solution to LCD Monitor Trouble-shoot Author Name: Ck raymonee Contact Email Address: WebSite: Computer,...

USB malfunction ?
I know nothing of USB function other than what I've just read on usb-in-a-nutshell.pdf and the datasheet for Cypress AN2131QC USB chip . I downloaded legacy installer.exe and firmware stuff from for...
9
9

Set Top Box connection to a TV (Dick Smith Electronics G1185)
Hi, I have a 2 year old set top box (Dick Smith Electronics G1185) which I understand recvieves digital TV stations and converts the signal suitable for an analogue TV. My TV is quite old so it is...
12
12

LCD Desktop Monitor Fading to White, then Black
Hi, My LCD desktop monitor has been exhibiting a problem for over 1 year. It is out of warranty and I would like to fix it. The problem is that the monitor displays the picture, and then gradually...
78
78