Source for replacement rotary encoder?

How can I find a source for this component (in the US, or anywhere)? It's a rotary encoder used as an input to a microcontroller to rotate a motor shaft in small increments in a 10-year old German printing machine.

There are 32 detents per revolution. The unit includes a momentary pushbutton (when you push on the shaft there is click and tactile feedback).

I presume it's a gray-code quadrature output encoder. Optical? Mechanical? Only 5 of the pins are used. (Typically power, ground, channel 1, channel 2, ... ?)

Source? Data sheet?

Does this look like Klockner-Moeller? Or it may be Japanese -- the LCD display for this equipment is Hitachi.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

Yes, I can find *a* rotary encoder. I need *this* rotary encoder.

Any idea the make & model of this one? Is EBE the manufacturer?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

DaveC schrieb:

Yes, EBE is the manufacturer, the address is 70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen Stetten (this is near Stuttgart, the number being the postal code of Leinfelden-Echterdingen). Their website is and you may try to contact them at snipped-for-privacy@youknowwhat.de, with the obvious replacement.

Martin.

PS: Number of newsgroups cut down to three.

Reply to
dwelz