Subject Author Posted Replies

Videorecorder problem - see pics
Hi Frame taken from faulty VCR: Same frame captured from another recorder: What's wrong with the first VCR? Worn / dirty heads or anything else?
10
10

Parts
Hi! Where doI purschase Parts for Magnavox TVs? Thank you Vince
2
2

SMT rework
I am looking to buy a hot air SMT rework station. Only for occasional use. I like the idea of the vacuum pencil and the hot tweezers. What would be the recommended tips for general use for ICs and...
9
9

125 VAC motor won't start
Hi all I have a pump with a 2HP 125 V AC motor. All of a sudden the motor wont start anymore. If I switch it on it just does a humming sound and then thermal protection kicks in. If I initiate the...
16
16

Mits model CS 35707 - IC 6F01 still available?
I haven't even looked at the set, but my coworker says the picture suddenly lost all red color. A little research and I found this is not uncommon with this set, including the diode addition fix. I'm...
4
4

Glass fibre basket retainer for 5881/6L6
Owner has managed to get away with dragons teeth retaining clips digging into the glass envelope of his replacement type with no bakelite base . How to fabricate something approximating those woven...
11
11

Need schematic or service manual - Advent
Need info on the Advent Powered Louspeaker. I used to have this stuff somewhere... Thanks, Mark Z.
1
1

Grain-of-wheat bulbs
I'm looking for a couple of these to repair some (antique) equipment. They should be 1.5V, about 30mA and produce a relatively 'white' light at this current. Some Radio Shack 6V, 100mA bulbs draw...
11
11

Repairing flexible pcb connector track?
In the course of doing some modifications to a very expensive Sony 3 chip HD camcorder I have accidentally cut through 3 tracks on the edge of a mylar? flexible cable. On the good side the damage is...
29
29

Motorola Cross Reference program...
Years ago (1980s?) I had a program from Motorola on 1.4" floppy that would allow me to input a characteristic and the program would reply with a list of transistors that matched. I have long since...
6
6

Parrot Clip Test Probes
For cool test probes check the following link: Great for multimeters and general use. Individual testers and red&black sets with ultra-flexible silicone insulated wire giving you a 3-way testing...

Restek powered studio monitors
Owner of local high-end hifi store that I do some service work for, bought these in with the surrounds rotted away on the bass drivers. Apparently, these things were 8 grand apiece 12 years ago when...
17
17

JVC DR MH20SEK HDD DVD recorder
Ticking smps , caused by failing hot side electro on the supply V for the switching ic driver. Uprated and smps is stable putting out right sorts of higher DC , according to the schematics. But the LV...
1
1

Technics dv-280 stereo system -cassette dead
Picked this up a few months back and just hauled it out. The units power up, and lights come on but the cassette deck stubbornly remains dead. This is a 'pseudo-separates' affair, where each box is...
5
5

Using the proper technical terms ... :-)
Just in. A combo, the job ticket on which says "Low volume. Sounds like shit." There's hope for the lads behind the counter, yet. How nice to get one with a perfect owner's description of the problem,...
9
9