Subject Author Posted Replies

RCA P60928 PTK195 Chassis no power
I had a power surge that killed my TV and microwave. PTK 195 chassis. I get no picture no sound no attempt to power on. No clicking. Nothing. Main fuse is ok power is ok just past the fuse. Any ideas....
25
25

Cisco 3750G switch, fans not working
Hi, I have one of these on my workbench and both the fans aren't working, the switch itself is fine. On inspection it appears that an SMD component has come off the motherboard, Z1. Whether this was...
5
5

Zenith D52WLCD Problem
I have this tv and got the orange light to replace, and then flashing red light to replace the bulb. After installation, I wasn't able to reset the bulb counter. I tried doing pressing the MENU key...
2
2

Wall penetrating surveillance system
how you look behin the walls , how american soldiers in reality look behind the walls look inside the home before attacking oar ambushing milita hide out a new technology for you to read and...

Today's lead free story, and a "Mr Cook" moment ...
Fender combo. Owner complained that sound level varied, or sound went off altogether for brief periods, after a half hour of use. Additional symptom was that the status LEDs on the footpedal...
24
24

Microwave Oven: Noisy, shuts down sometimes?
Fairly new oven - but out of warranty. Makes a lot of noise when running. Aside from the noise, it works OK... mostly. But every so often, when heating something for more than about 3 minutes, it just...
13
13

Chips that like heat...
bob
1
1

iPod docks
Hi, I come across a fair number of "defective" iPod "stereos" (countertop boxes into which an iPod is docked). Is there something intrinsically bad with these (besides being crappy consumer kit) that...
9
9

8 pin SMD top mark BNOAA ?
BNOAA or BN0AA, B at start not 8, probably DC-DC converter, any knowledge?
1
1

Fluke 8842A ROM binary
Hello, Looking for a Fluke 8842A ROM binary. Chip is a 2732A and is located in U222 near the input filter. It is a socketed part. This one is gone bad, and the A/D watchdog keeps resetting the micro....
6
6

Mission amp schematics ...
Anyone by any chance got a set of schematics for a Mission Cyrus amp to hand ? It has a small DC offset on one channel. Not large, but enough for the protect circuitry to see it as a problem....
2
2

Power System Resonance
Hot vibes can result when harmonics and capacitors get together Is it possible to install =93Power Factor Correction Capacitors=94 and have PF get worse? It certainly is, and a starting place to...

Disappearing fuse wire
Where cause is unknown I closely inspect fuses to gauge whether mechanical/aging or thermal failure and then an idea of rupture current. This ELU 20mm 500mA F fuse had no trace of the wire , no smoke...
9
9

Dell desktop 330 works 4 a short time and freezes
I have a Dell optiplex 330 desktop PC which will boot alright, the windows desktop with the (i'm using Win XP )icons will show but just for about 40 seconds and it freeze for about 10 seconds and...
3
3

And then this Philips CDR 760 appeared on the bench ...
Not a machine I'm at all familiar with. It basically does not a lot, other than to power up with the message "SERVICE" in the display window. Anybody know *specifically* what it's trying to tell us,...
2
2